Thursday, December 2, 2010

Never Thin Enough


Eating disorder is common among girls. I have a couple of friends who would go each day without eating, or live with just an apple for the whole entire day! It is like they are never going to be happy with their own body. It is pressurizing to see them that way.

I guess they are all influenced by the media, e.g. American's Next Top Models, Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Comments like this:

"Sure, we had to be skinny. I lived on Diet Coke and apples for two years. For the couture, we had to get up at 4 am to be sewn into the clothes and there was huge pressure to be thin. But I made a million dollars by the time I was 20, I bought a town house in Manhattan and put myself through Columbia. Does that make me a victim?" -Abbey Lee Kershaw's Diet

interview on one of the top models' diet - will be an inspiration to them to live up the unhealthy lifestyle. 

Yes, it is good have that thinking of the cliche 'if they can do it, you can too', but it is not a positive attitude in this situation.

Stay tuned on how to overcome this.

No comments:

Post a Comment